Friday, June 3, 2011

What to eat... what to eat...

I enjoy getting up earlier in the morning and setting off for a good run, but I never allow myself enough time to eat anything prior.  I've heard some people say to eat a bagel, peanut butter and even sunflower seed kernals; but I usually end up not eating anything, which I know is a bad thing.

The other end of the spectrum, when I finish a run I don't usually want something to eat for a while.  Give me a bottle of water (and a fan set to the highest speed) and I'm good to go for a while. 

What do you eat before a run?  What do you eat after a run?

2 comments:

  1. Most of the time I don't eat in the morning before my runs either, and I'm fine with it. But if I'm feeling hungry then I'll have a banana w/ a little pb or some toast or something.
    I ALWAYS make sure to eat after running/working out, though. If I can't immediately snag my breakfast of oatmeal/cereal/english muffin&other stuff/whatever then I'll eat a Cliff bar/powerbar or something. I love those things. :) Perfect carb:protein ratio for post-running.
    Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the suggestions Haley! I really appreciate it and will definitely try them out!

    ReplyDelete