Friday, May 6, 2011

"I don't have time..."

How often have you used this excuse to skip a workout or a run?  I admit I have used it plenty of times... Everyone has some time to fit in some type of exercise, even if it's 10 minutes.  We make time to watch our favorite TV shows, we make time for that extra plate of food (that none of us truly need), and we make time for countless other things that could be used for something active.  Last night, I had 20 minutes that I was able to squeeze in a 2+ mile run in.  If you can't go in the evenings, wake up 30 minutes earlier and go.  Or take a change of clothes to work and do it during your lunch break.  The opportunity is there, the question is "Are you going to take advantage of it?"

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
- Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

No comments:

Post a Comment