Friday, July 5, 2013

No Mo' Chemo

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone had an awesome July 4th (even the folks outside of the United States).

An email made my Independence Day start off in a wonderful way... This email was a notification that someone donated to St. Jude via my site.  This email also stated that I have raised over $250 (thanks to you), which allows St. Jude to host 3 "No Mo Chemo" parties!  These parties are celebrations for a child completing their chemotherapy treatment.  Please watch Anna James' story HERE!

After seeing videos like that, it gives me chills knowing that each dollar goes directly toward the care (and fun) for a child that is stricken by a disease.  When someone says "St. Jude", I used to think of this big hospital that does good for the children that need it; which is the case.  But now, I put a name and face of the people that are being helped.

How comforting is it to know that Anna is still here due to the wonderful doctors & staff at St. Jude (and of course, God's grace and healing)?  It's amazing!!  Her family has never paid a dime for her care while at St. Jude, and they never will!

Thanks to the families that have given to St. Jude through my site!  I still have a long way to go, but I think know I can surpass my goal with the help of my friends (and their friends).  I would love for everyone who sees this page to share it with their family & friends; whether it be word of mouth, Facebook, email... whatever!  The more people that know, the better!

Updated stats:
I pledged to raise $2,500 total.  So far, I have $285, which leaves $2,215.

  • If I had 221 people donate $10 (and one $5), I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 88 people donate $25 (and one $15), I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 44 people donate $50 (and one $15), I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 22 people donate $100 (and one $15), I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 1 person donate $2,200 (and one $15), I would reach my goal! :)
There are tons of combinations of how the money can be raised and the pledge fully-compensated.   Will you help?


 The very fact that air is filling your lungs right now is all the proof 
you need that God STILL has great plans for your life! 
-Perry Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment