Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Thirteen Days Without Running Makes One Weak...

or at least for me it did.  I have been nursing a banged up knee for the past 3+ weeks.  After taking a week off from running, I decided to run again.  3/4 mile into the run I felt the pain return in my knee so I quit at 1 mile.  

Fast forward two weeks and here I am.  Two runs down (1.08 & 1.35 miles)... Knee still feels good, so hopefully I can ease back into marathon training.  It's crazy how fast you can lose your endurance.

  ------------------------------------------------
 
Meet Noah and his family.  Noah was diagnosed with cancer in November of 2011.  Read more about Noah HERE 
 
Support St. Jude families and join the St. Jude Give Thanks. Walk.
 
------------------------------------------------
 
The pledge for St. Jude is still ongoing, since someone hasn’t opened their checkbook to the tune of $2,300 yet! 
Updated stats:
I pledged to raise $2,500 total.  So far, I have $310, which leaves $2,190.
  • If I had 219 people donate $10, I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 87 people donate $25 (and one $15), I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 43 people donate $50 (and two $20), I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 21 people donate $100 (and six $15), I would reach my goal.
  • If I had 1 person donate $2,175 (and one $15), I would reach my goal! :)
There are tons of combinations of how the money can be raised and the pledge fully-compensated.   Will you help?
 
 
If you have questions, please send me an email.  I'd love to talk with you! Email Me! 
 
 
That's the thing about running; your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success.  They are the moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful your life is.
-Kara Goucher 

No comments:

Post a Comment